The infamous hate group which hides behind the 1st amendment, Rise Up Ocean County, has become a major source of hate in Ocean County. They claim to be all about over-development and ‘corruption of our political system has allowed development in Lakewood at an unprecedented rate’ and vow to ensure this won’t occur in nearby townships. Once you look a bit deeper – and you don’t have to go too deep – you will be struck with a common theme ‘blame the Jew.’
Lakewood Township, the Ocean County Freeholders, and most recently Toms River Township (Jackson Township did not) – have all passed resolutions against hate groups and against those seeking to divide instead of unite.
GreaterLakewood.com spoke with several local officials (who requested anonymity due to the sensitivity of the issue), who confirmed they are closely monitoring the group for any illegalities.
The red line between freedom of speech which allows for hate speech and speech which incites discrimination, hostility or violence which is illegal, is a thin one.
Some Township officials, however, are not exactly up to date with all of the latest Rise Up activity. GreaterLakewood.com brings them up to date. We provide photos and screenshots so it’s not our word against theirs.
The local media which can be used as a positive force in this critical conversation, unfortunately is mostly about ratings. The Asbury Park Press recently wrote an article on ‘Rise Up,’ explaining what they are about. They failed to mention any anti-Semitic posts made by Rise Up within the last few months. They initially only reported on the Nazi poem that Rise Up used – which is obviously indefensible – and said Rise Up apologized and removed it.
After reaching out to the APP requesting they report the facts which includes multiple blatantly anti Semitic posts, and not only content whose – GreaterLakewood alleged – ‘readership apparently wants to see negativity and thrives on it,’ they included in their next article, a little more information against Rise Up, by adding in the line: ‘Critics say the site regularly features negative images of Orthodox Jews’ and adding that some are opposed to having photos of kids being taken, without their parents consent.
They did, however, add to the article one main point we brought to light, mainly; Rise up is working on a ‘documentary’ which we call a ‘documentary against the Jews.’ This was supposed to come out a few weeks ago but was delayed. You may wonder, along with their thousands of hungry fans, why the delay? The answer according to Rise up is, their attorneys found 9 minutes (a large percentage) of the video to be open to ‘civil litigation’ A.K.A. Illegal.
Thank you Jean for adding that, it was the right thing to do.
Here is a list of things ‘Rise up’ does to help with ‘over-populating Lakewood.’ Rise up…..
- Takes photos of kids playing in playgrounds – creepy
- Used Nazi Poems to describe Lakewood – they apologized
- Volunteer for the fire and building inspectors, by writing down and reporting wherever they see multiple little kids going into a house for playgroup/daycare – Rise up themselves can’t report it but they encourage the group to. Note: Lots of details are given by local bus drivers that ‘know what’s going on and see it every day’.
- Allegedly blackmailed the Jackson Mayor in order to not pass a resolution against them, they later removed the alleged blackmail but not before we saved screenshots – GreaterLakewood passed the findings on to the Attorney General’s office who found it ‘interesting’. ..
- Disparages the Jewish morning prayer, one that has been said and will be said for thousands of years – Township officials were sent links to our story on it and expressed shock.
- Is very concerned about R’ Eisemann’s trial and finds him guilty of theft – although the jury did not. – All in the name of ‘overpopulating lakewood’ – somehow.
- Claims to not be aware of all the posts on their page and feels they have no responsibility for words written by other members on their page – legally incorrect. In addition, they have about 9 anonymous admins, so there is a solid chance one of the ‘members writing a post’ is one of them.
- Implies multiple times that Jewish developers caused an elderly couple at fairways to get beat up – When all else fails, blame the Jews.
- Gets info from some מתיונים וערב רב we have more information on that but cannot publish it at this time.
- Makes up stories about Kids being left in cars to die & implies Jews drove over an African American kid on purpose – almost 20 years ago.
- Is very concerned about our children’s safety taking pictures of buses driving quickly or doing anything they feel is ‘unsafe’. The only real criteria is: The bus needs to either have Hebrew letters or be from Jays. – even empty buses sometimes make it to their posts, why not!
- Main admin was apparently locked up before and has a criminal record – very solid evidence due to a small slip up they made.
- Calls GreaterLakewood Fake news.
- Tried & failed to ‘bust’ kars-4-Kids
- Has an obsession with Imperial Real Estate – seeks to find and compose, any and every issue.
- When they get called out by an individual, they try to dig up dirt – as blackmail
- Obsesses over ‘illegal’ basements
- We would be more than happy to meet with any and every member of their group to have a discussion.