Suspect In Dutch Shooting Attack Arrested

0
224
Ad

Authorities in the Netherlands arrested two people on Monday afternoon following a shooting inside a tram in the city of Utrecht that left three people dead.


ABC News reported that police arrested Gokmen Tanis, a 37-year-old Turkish-born man whom authorities had previously identified as a main person of interest in the shooting. The motive behind the shooting is still under investigation, police said.

A second person was arrested as well, ABC reported, but their identity and connection to the shooting is unclear.

At least three people died and five others have been reported injured in the tram shooting.

Dutch authorities said earlier Monday that they are investigating a “possible terrorist motive” in connection to the shooting.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here