As reported on GL, Lakewood Township’s Zoning Board hearing took place tonight. They heard applications for a total of 100 additional homes to be built in various parts of town.
Stay involved – Here is how
- WhatsApp! – Click HERE1 (732) 554-1889
- Twitter – Click HERE
- Instagram – Click HERE
- Email Recaps – Click HERE
- To advertise, say hi, or complain – Click HERE
- Read more ABOUT us – HERE
Here is a recap of what happened
- Brook Burnside LLC – 34 houses on 10,000 sq ft, where only 22 houses are permitted on 15,000 sq ft each. The developer pushed off this application till next month.
- 118 Ocean Ave LLC – 9 houses on 10,000 sq ft where only 2 houses are permitted on 40,000 sq ft each. This application is across from Bais Kaila and in front of Lakewood Commons. Lots of residents came to fight this application and they even hired attorneys to fight the developer. The developer, in an effort to try and work things out with the neighbors, pushed off the application till a later date
- 58 Drake LLC – to build 6 single family homes on Drake Road on 10,000 sq ft lots where 40,000 sq ft is required (adding an additional 5 homes to the block). The board approved this application but with a major contingency that only 2 houses can be built now, and the rest need to wait until the county actually starts their road widening project of Cross Street.
- David Herzog – north of Caldwell Ave, off of Chestnut Street. The applicant is proposing to build 20 new homes on as small as 13,000 sq ft lots where 20,000 sq ft lots are required. Additionally, the application wanted a waiver from providing a traffic study, even though Chestnut Street is a very busy road. The applicant requested to push off this application till next month. The board Chairman told his Engineer that he can push it off but he must bring in a traffic study before his application can be heard!
- Ben Weber – Brook Road at the end of Kennedy Blvd (near Schuster’s Way). The applicant proposes to build 6 new homes on as small as 12,065 sq ft lots where 15,000 sq ft lots are proposed. The applicant is also requesting waivers from providing curbs and sidewalks, and a traffic study. Luckily, residents came to the board and demanded the sidewalks so the board is requiring the sidewalks. The board approved the application for the houses.
- 27 White Road LLC – White Road off Cross Street. The applicant proposes to build 16 new houses on as low as 12,000 sq ft lots where 40,000 sq ft lots are required. The applicant is also requesting front yard setbacks of 30 feet where 50 feet is required, and 20 feet rear yard setbacks where 30 feet is required. The board approved this application but with a major contingency that only 6 houses can be built now, and the rest need to wait until the county actually starts their road widening project of Cross Street.