The Port Authority voted Thursday to approve a proposal to increase tolls, fares and other fees at bridges and tunnels, airports and the PATH transit system.
- Cash tolls will rise from $15 to $16, and E-ZPass rates will rise $1.25 for both peak and off-peak periods, by the beginning of 2020.
- Off-peak, New Jersey-New York E-ZPass tolls will be $11.75, up 12% from $10.50.
- E-ZPass peak discount to be reduced from $2.50 to $2.25, off-peak discount to be reduced from $4.50 to $4.25
- Non-E-ZPass will be $16, up 6.67% from $15.
Here is what that breakdown will be at Newark, La Guardia and JFK airports:
- Air tran: from $5 to $7.75 – a massive 55% increase
- For-hire vehicle: Pick-up and drop-off price would be $2.50 each, starting Oct. 3, 2020.
- For-hire vehicle driving two or more parties, known as a pool: Pick-up and drop-off price would be $1.25 each, starting Oct. 3, 2020.
- Taxis: Pick-up price would be $1.25 starting Oct. 3, 2020, and increase to $1.75 starting Oct. 1, 2022. There is no drop-off price.
- PATH base fare will remain $2.75, but multi-trip discount to be reduced