Only seven Republicans voted in favor of an amnesty bill, while no Democrats voted against the legislation.
The seven Republicans who voted on Tuesday with Democrats to grant illegal aliens amnesty include:
- Congressman Don Bacon (R-NE)
- Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL)
- Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA)
- Congressman Will Hurd (R-TX)
- Congressman Dan Newhouse (R-WA)
- Congressman Chris Smith (R-NJ)
- Congressman Fred Upton (R-MI)
The legislation would grant conditional permanent residency to the eligible immigrants for ten years and provide them a path to citizenship if they meet certain educational and employment requirements. It passed the House 236–187 with unanimous support from Democrats.